Sunday, August 22, 2010

Days 54,55,56,57 - 19th to 22nd August 2010

Back after a 4 day hiatus! Had been to Bombay for the finals ENQuizitive at NITIE. Had the marketing plan presentation on 19th which I felt was pretty ok. Compared to the other groups our ppt had minimum content, just bullet points which we elaborated on.

I don't think I mentioned about my backpack getting flicked earlier in the week. Had gone to the city to buy a helmet when it got flicked. During the presentation I got a call from Citibank asking me if I had lost my debit card because someone had called and reported to have found my card. That's when I remembered that I had kept all my expired cards in the bag along with my PAN card. I took the number of the person and it turns out that wallet containing all the cards was dumped in a post box and had found its way to a post office in the city. The person who had called was the post master of that place. Having the bike turned out to be advantageous, could go to the place in the afternoon and collect the cards. It was really nice of the gentleman to have called the bank and informed about the lost cards - there are definitely some nice people in this world! :-) Had to leave for bombay on 19th night. Slept through pretty much the entire train journey. Reached home at around 7 the next morning, its always a good feeling to go back home. Had to leave for the venue by 830 and I was reminded about why I didn't want to study/work in bombay - the travel! Took me one and a half hours for journey that would otherwise half an hour to forty minutes. The quiz was at Peninsula Grand, a pretty swanky place. I still haven't gotten out of the SAP mentality when it comes to dress codes for formal events. I went in jeans and a t-shirt and was shocked to see everybody else over there formally dressed :D Luckily my quiz partner brought along an extra set of formals. The morning session was on a case study competition which was followed by the quiz. Now the quiz was an enviro-business quiz, which is not exactly my area of expertise (not that I have many). But then there are days when luck is on your side, we did reasonably well, ended up coming third. Now when you go with the aim of not finishing last, coming third is as good as winning :D. It had a very unique marking scheme where either you score a lot or very less (read negative), the last two teams actually had negative scores, we were spared that ignominy ;-) The only sad part was that the cash prizes were only for the first 2 places. Nonetheless we left with our heads held high. :-P

Spent that evening and the whole of next day at home meeting up with friends and relatives and playing on the Wii. Was supposed to leave on 21st evening but thanks to the traffic (again) missed my flight and all the other flights that night were full. The only other option was taking a morning flight on the 22nd. So got to spend another night at home but contrary to the previous night could sleep only for a couple of hours because of the fact that I had to wake up at 3! Slept a bit on the flight and managed to stay awake through 2 hours of eco and an hour of accounting. It actually feels good to be back on campus :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment