Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 63 - 28th August 2010

Finally a day without markops! Regular lectures began today, had QT and principles of management(PoM). The QT prof. is really good, he breaks down the concepts to the simplest possible levels and then explains everything. The problems solved in class also seem to have some practical relevance, something that was missing in the maths that was taught till now, I mean if 2 guys are running around a circle in opposite directions at different speeds,am I going to save the world by finding out when they will meet for the first time? :-D PoM as a subject is a little dry but since the prof. is a guy who is working in the industry he has a lot of insights to share with the class, which makes it a little interesting. Also had the QT test today, was expecting it to be on the tougher side, but thankfully it didn't live up to my expectations. Comparatively this was one of the longer days in terms of lectures for quite sometime. Got free by 4, was in no mood to study so played tennis for a while. Had another quiz organized by LitComm in the night, this time the topic was brands. My partner and I almost made it to the final round, we lost out in the tie breaker for the last spot in the final round, nonetheless I won 50 bucks for answering an audience question :D

Ok now for the interesting part of today's post , friend of the day!! And today it's the turn of

Apoorva Sharma aka Apu

Prides herself in being a tomboy, she's the quintessential fauji kid, in her own words "MICA is the first institute on my CV without the word Army in it". Met her as well on the first day after Bulaa and Mallu, the Pune connection got us talking( she's from AIT), though I think she is not a 100% Punekar because she didn't learn Marathi in spite of living there for 4 years. She is pretty popular in our batch for speaking her mind and not compromising on her principles, in fact there are quite a few guys who are scared of her(cannot give the reasons for the same on this blog ;-) ), but that has definitely made her popularity ratings amongst the girls rise. She's an amazing photographer, no trip outside campus is complete without Apu sitting sharing the front seat of the rick with the driver and clicking away to glory. Shall try posting pics taken by her sometime soon.

Apu - As always my post has been quite short, in case something offended you please let me know, I shall keep my insurance papers in place ;-)

5 comments:

  1. Much thanks Macha...this one's far better than what I had imagined it to be (as Maldlu had put it!)...Though I seriously think we could tone the popularity part down a bit! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ure acting all diplomatic for Apoorva, acting like switzerland doesnt work here

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is not done
    her other talents are not mentioned
    maldlu am with u man
    this is seriously not done
    why paint an incomplete portrait????????????

    ReplyDelete
  4. @mallu and bulla - i value my life, i want to complete two years over here ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I accept your defense ..no more pot throwing around ..

    ReplyDelete