Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 59 - 24th August 2010

After a long time had a rest day with no submissions on the next day. Most of the day was spent outside campus. A friend of mine returning from Pune, went to the airport(drove his car) to pick him up. Driving in a new city is a good experience, Ahmedabad comes very close to Pune when it comes to traffic discipline. Throughout the drive I was reminded of Russell Peter's joke about traffic lights in India - they are optional :-D In the evening went to city on my bike to pick up a birthday cake for a friend. Since the bike has come every outing has ended with me coming back drenched! Today was the worst of those experiences, it started pouring when we were riding on the highway, there was no place where we could stop and wait for the rains to subside. Had no choice but to keep riding, everything and I mean everything got drenched :-D Hostel birthday celebrations never cease to be fun. Today's highlight was the guys from Palaash refusing to enter Parijat because of some incidents that took place last week ;-) We even sang happy birthday from the badi court, it was only when the cake was brought out did the resistance cave in.
The cake cutting was followed by a dancing session in the Parijat courtyard and then some tp at a friend's room.

Rest day's get over too fast! I thought I could make up for some lost sleep today but I guess I have just accumulated more sleep to catch up on.

No comments:

Post a Comment