Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day 392 - 30th January 2012

Was supposed to play tennis in the morning with Anuja but just couldn't get myself to get out of bed. Finally woke up at noon. The new extension of the mess was inaugurated today, its an open air area. Quite nice for the winters but the summer afternoons will be like a boiler room over there. Post lunch had a meeting with the Associate Director regarding the committee selections that will be coming up soon. That was followed by Indian Cinema class. Today's class covered a range of movies from the 1930s. Two of them that stuck were Achut Kanya and Sant Tukaram. The former was a love story between a Brahmin boy and a Dalit girl and the latter was about the Maharashtrian Saint Tukaram. Both took a dig at the caste system. Achut Kanya also had the distinction of having the first female music director. We were also shown songs from both movies. Spent the evening trying to figure out what to do for the rest of the day :P Went to the library but committed the mistake of watching the trailer of Moneyball, it was so tempting that I had to come back to the room and watch it. The movie was there on my comp for quite sometime but I wanted to read the book before watching the movie. Watching the movie made me realise that if I wanted to understand the book I would have to first familiarise myself with the rules of baseball. The movie was interspersed with a midnight snack at Chota (dinner in the mess wasn't that great). On that note it was a good way to end the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment