Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 145 - 1st December 2010

Woke up at 630 today, its for the second time ever since I have come to MICA that I have woken up so early! Had to prepare points for the panel discussion Mother Pious Lady. The author of the book, Santosh Desai who is also the CEO of Future Brands, came to campus to talk to us about it. Although the book is a collection of article on the Indian middle class, it also serves as an excellent book on consumer insight for a marketer. How he has brought out the nuances that are a part of our daily life which we subconsciously knew existed but never thought of is quite amazing. Initially the session started off as a panel discussion with people who had prepared on certain parts of the book spoke to him about how they reacted to the book. The session then turned into an open house with people asking questions on questions ranging from the changing Hindi Film Hero to gender to homosexuality to cricket! A pretty enriching session to say the least.

In the afternoon spent time with extended family , Maushi was leaving for Bombay later in the day, Mallu will also leave for the SP Jain sports fest tomorrow and yours truly will be leaving for IMT day after. Most of the evening was spent with family as well. For the past couple of weeks I've been searching for the school anthem of St.Vincents, my school in Pune but was not able to get hold of it. Today one of my friends shared it on facebook and I since then I must have heard it at least 20 times :-) Still gives me goosebumps!

Post dinner I went to see the rehearsal for the Sankalp play, since I will be missing the a performance at Natrani. I know it sounds repetitive but I just have to say it again - we have some supremely talented people out here :-) That went on till around 230 after which helped out the Alumni creative team in making some structures that the plan to put at places around campus during the Grand Alumni Meet. Went to Chota with Mallu at around 5. It was then that I realised that I have been awake for almost 24 hours, the moment I realised that tiredness set in :D So will crash after a 23 hour day ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment